Saturday, January 12, 2013

Easy Peasy Brownie Bars

The other day, my wonderful paraprofessional was telling me about a new recipe that I just HAD to try that evening. It is very rich, but very easy and would make a great dessert to take to a potluck event or to even use for a bake sale. Now, I have to tell you that DeeDee (my parapro) called them "Slutty" Brownies....because they are easy (LOL), but I changed the name to Easy Peasy Brownie Bars. It's just not in me to call them "Slutty" Brownies.


Here is the recipe:
You'll need:
2 packages of refrigerated ready to bake chocolate chip cookies (the kind that are in the rectangular packages)
1 package of Oreo cookies (I used Double Stuffed, but I'm sure regular are fine)
OR 1 bag of Reeses Miniature Peanut Butter Cups
1 Family Size Brownie Mix- the smaller mix is just not enough to cover the entire pan.
Preheat oven to 350 degress
In a greased 9x13 inch pan press the 2 packages of ready to bake chocolate chip cookies in the pan. Make sure it is pressed out evenly to the edges of the pan.
Next, layer the Oreo cookies to create 1 even layer. If you choose the Reeses Cups instead, unwrap each miniature cup including the brown liners and do the same thing with those.
Then, mix your brownie mix according to the directions on the package and pour the brownie mix evenly over the prepared layers.
Bake for about 45 minutes.
Let cool.
Cut into even sized bars.
I'm telling you these dessert bars are a chocolacholics DREAM!!
Try them.....you'll LOVE them!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment