Thursday, June 26, 2014

Award Winning Homemade Banana Split Ice Cream

I Scream
You Scream
We all scream
For My Award Winning Ice Cream!

Banana Split

I'm sure that many of you are always looking for yummy homemade ice cream recipes. Well today, I have got one for YOU! I have made this ice cream for years now. It came from an old southern church cookbook. Anyone know that kind of cookbook I'm talking about? The kind that have some of the best recipes ever that you could just slap your momma over?!?! Well, even though I am a big "get my recipes off the internet" person, I still keep my church cookbooks handy. A lot of times when my kids come to visit and I'm cooking for them, I usually need a recipe from one of these cookbooks that my kids have requested me to cook.
Here is a pic of the cookbook....I have used it so much that the cover is off of it.


Notice the bent pages and wore out look! I think this came out around 1985.  Ancient...right?!? 

Here is a pic of the actual recipe: 
Can you see the droplets of vanilla flavoring on the page? I guess I may be a little messy when I cook. I think you can see the ingredients and directions pretty well, so I won't post all of that. However, instead of RealLemon brand juice, I like to squeeze fresh lemon juice instead.

Ok now I can call this award winning because last night my super marvelous husband took this ice cream to a function at my church (I didn't get to go because I was trying to get on an airplane to fly to Wales to go on a mission trip, but because of airplane problems, I had to get off and come on back home....anyhow, it's all good and I need to get back to the ice cream) and out of 20 different homemade ice creams, this banana split ice cream took DRUMROLL PLEASE!! FIRST PLACE!! So I thought I would share it with you today. 
Now I do have to be honest. It is not cheap. Buying all that fruit and the dairy products is costly, but sometimes good and yummy items just are. One good thing is that it freezes very quickly! I don't know if it is because of the frozen strawberries or what!? So treat yourself and go get these ingredients and try it out! You won't regret it! You may even win a contest yourself! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment